FREE Museum Passes (For Children) This Summer!
I just wanted you to know that the popular “Connecticut Summer at the Museum” program has returned for the 2022 summer season, which enables Connecticut children to receive FREE ADMISSION at more than 130 museums across the state during the summer months.
Originally established in 2021 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the program is a way of providing children with engaging summer enrichment and learning experiences. It is funded by money Connecticut received from the federal government under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
Under the program, from July 1, 2022, to September 5, 2022, Connecticut children aged 18 and under – plus one accompanying Connecticut adult – can receive FREE ADMISSION to any of the participating museums, which include historic house museums, historic sites, historical societies, art museums, children’s museums, science centers, special-interest museums, natural history museums, university museums, arboretums/botanical gardens, and zoos.
Some of the notable attractions include:
• Connecticut Science Center, Hartford
• Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo, Bridgeport
• Hill-Stead Museum, Farmington
• Institute for American Indian Studies Museum, Washington
• Kidcity Children’s Museum, Middletown
• Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, Norwalk
• Mystic Aquarium, Mystic
• Mystic Seaport Museum, Mystic
• Prudence Crandall Museum, Canterbury
The full list of participating museums is available at www.CTSummerMuseums.com.