Report Issued Re: State's Response to COVID-19 in Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities
As most are aware, more than 80% of Connecticut's COVID-19 related deaths have occurred in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Recently, the State announced that an independent research team was going to to conduct a thorough review of the response to COVID-19 in Connecticut's facilities, and issue an analysis before the start of autumn in order to prepare for a potential second wave of COVID-19.
The analysis is supposed to:
1) Assess the overall impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Connecticut compared to other states in the region and the country;
2) Assess the overall impact of the COVID-19 pandemic throughout nursing homes and assisted living facilities and their preparation/response to the virus;
3) Identify significant circumstances that may have favorably or unfavorably impacted the severity of outbreak;
4) Identify and describe industry best practices displayed during the pandemic response; and,
5) Review and complete an overall assessment of the state's response to the pandemic in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Here is a link to the report, issued late last week: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Coronavirus/20201001-Mathematica-final-report.pdf